A place of General Gists, Stories and tips

Featured post

The Last Dance (A Flash Fiction)

Clara tapped on the play button in her IPhone 6 music interface and the soft melodious mambo came on, filling the entire air with Roma...

Saturday 1 April 2017

Brother Tobe's Diary 1

A funny short story





Walking on a wet soil has never been an easy task for me because of the amount of time I have to spend checking for the part of the ground that will swallow my white soled sneakers and leave it all muddy.
So on this particular Saturday, I had to spend 30 minutes on a walk to the church that would have ordinarily taken me 15 minutes. I was simply trying not to get my shoes soiled. As a top ranking member of the choir group in my church, it was paramount to me that I looked good all the time, given the circumstances under which I had even agreed to be a member.

The circumstance was naturally created by me though but with the help of Amaka, our Catechists daughter. That girl murdered me with her beauty the first time I set my eyes on her and oversaw my burial with her melodious voice.
Back then, when I was in my teens and not so wise in my own playboy's standards, Amaka was the type of girl I would be afraid of even to touch her panties spread on the laundry line talk more of banging her, I would consider her too beautiful to be soiled but now, as 21 year old 200 level student of a university that the name is not so important at the moment, the only thing that comes into my mind whenever I set my eyes on a girl is how flexible she would be on my 20 inches Wico mattress. Trust me, Amaka had that potential of being a rubber on any bed, my calculative mind thought it so.

I was switching my attention from the wet muddy ground and my shoes to my wrist watch which was shouting the time to me as 4:15 pm. The choir practise was supposed to start by 4pm but I always made it late to the church, I always needed to make that dramatic appearance that always had the guys hating and the girls drooling each time, they always end up switching subconsciously from tenor to bass and then forgetting their lines altogether in the end. Jeez, I was that handsome.
"Now don't hate like those guys in my Choir group."

The only person that beat me to the drama was Amaka. Everything on her was always perfect. Even if she walked into the church naked, I bet the parish priest would smile and say as usual, "Amy nwa, you look good on your natural cloth."

Whenever she cat walked innocently into our practice enclave, the girls would get mad with envy and the guys would drool. And she always manages to miss my eager eyes, begging her to come to my own side of the enclave. She would walk to her friend's side and dump her well detailed behind there with me singing and watching her like she was my transcript.

My shoes nevertheless got as muddy as it could and the annoying part was the thunder in the sky kept rumbling, a forerunner to the impending downpour, either ways, I wasn't bothered because I had decided that today was the day I was going to stop watching Amaka, I decided that I had done my 3 months anniversary into the choir and it was time to walk up to her and drop my bass on her.

Luck happened to be on my side that day. It was a thursday and thursday's always happened to be my lucky days. As I was swerving from one part of the dirt road to the other and watching out for oncoming fowls and Goats, I happened to set eyes on a shape that had every resemblance with Amaka's. She was on a black gown that brought out her killer shape, her ponytail flooded out of a neatly tied pink scarf on her head. The circular outline of her butt could make even a monk wet. I had to run and tell her what I thought about her, my shoes and the wet muddy ground not withstanding.

"Hey Amaka," I called as softly as I could. My voice always sounded sexier when I spoke softly with it, I don't know how right that is though, my ex told me that after we had broken up.

She turned around and slapped her beautiful make up free face into my eyes, I almost went blind. She smiled on seeing me and passed a greeting.
"Bro Tobenna, Good evening o."
If only she could just call me Tobe, it would be more romantic that way and if she could just "to hell" with that brother.

"Amy nwa how are you?" I asked, getting closer and fidgeting my hand, contemplating whether to hold her by the waist or to just be a brother. I just followed my mind anyways, I held the damn waist. She didn't object, only that I would be blind not to notice the slight look of surprise on her face.
"I am fine and you?"
"I am fine too."
I supplemented my reply with a funny gaze that made her smile, her smile made me smile too.

"We are late already," I said and she nodded.
"It's not a new thing for me shaa," she murmured and I nodded, we had that connection.
 Funny enough, we seemed to swim the mud at intervals and she didn't seem to mind, for me I did mind but I couldn't show it, I minded because the shoes on my legs were my father's 12,000 naira 24 karat leather Italian shoes.

We were getting to the crux of the conversation, the rumbling thunder providing us with a not so pleasant background music.
We sooner got ourselves out of the muddy pathway and into a tarred road, the relief was much welcomed to me and by then we were already detached, holding onto a waist is always a sweet experience but holding onto it for much longer strains the arms a times.

Our conversations got her laughing and smiling most times and I was glad she was relaxed with me and I finally had the chance to test the waters with her. I was on my way to switching into my romantic part when a black tinted glass mercedes c class decided to give me another dose of afternoon shower, Amaka saw it coming and dodged faster, she had my undivided attention so I couldn't see the disaster on time.
My italo Shoes, my starched trouser, a part of my Aba made Versace top, all got riddled with dirty water. Worst off, I didn't get to abuse the perpetrator. First was the glass was tinted and It could be anybody, a politician, a police man, an army man, Secondly, the car was at top speed and was gone before I even realized that water was splashed on me.

Amaka gave me a look that almost made me cry, that type of sympathetic look that always messed with your tear gland. But then I wasn't going to cry, at least not until the skies opened and let out its own showers.

The day wasn't all lost shaa, We ran into a nearby primary school for shelter. Luckily, a door was open and we ran into the dark classroom, the perfect place for me to finish what I had started......


It's coming up in the next Chapter. Don't fuss, just wait for it, okay?


Drop your comments please... It keeps me going.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Drop your comments, We love them!