A place of General Gists, Stories and tips

Featured post

The Last Dance (A Flash Fiction)

Clara tapped on the play button in her IPhone 6 music interface and the soft melodious mambo came on, filling the entire air with Roma...

Saturday 27 May 2017

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 53

Short story diary of a broke playboy

Click HERE for all episodes of Diary of a Broke Playboy


Shape was a very sexy girl. I believe I have mentioned that here many a time. You can never over exaggerate her sexiness. Everything she did was as sexy AF, the way she talked, her smile, her cat walk. But as of recent, she seemed to have developed a very unsexy trait. Just one and it wasn't until she came back from that honeymoon with Willie that it all started. She is always spitting around and it wasn't attractive at all. 

At first, I ignored it until that Jambite talkative talked to me about it. 

"Ehm, Neche, are you aware that Chinaza is always spitting around?" She asked me, hovering over me and my plate of rice like an evil spirit. I boned and focused my attention on my food. She liked food too and is always sharing mine. She will say, "after all, you are my namesake, if you don't take care of me, who will." and is only in matters of sharing food that she remembers that we share the same name but when it comes to the other one, well shaa.

"So what?" I asked her, stuffing my mouth with half of the meat in the food. I thought I saw her eye me. 
"Well, just last night, she vomited and.. "
I hushed her. She was going to ruin my appetite with the unsavory tale. 
"Chinecherem, I am eating abeg."
" I know but what I am saying is that she wasn't doing all those things until she visited your brother," She continued. 
"So you are saying Willie taught her how to spit everywhere?"
"No, you remember in Nigeria movies, when a woman starts vomiting? She said and eyed me suggestively. 
"Then she is pregnant," I completed it for her. She seemed to be making sense for the first time and I dropped my spoon. 
"Where is shape?" I asked. 
"In our room."
 
I got up from my chair and eyed her, then eyed my food. 
"Don't touch it."
"I swear I won't."
"I am serious."
"I won't touch it. Go and see her."

I left her to guard over my food. Goat and Yam. I got to shape's room and met her lying on the bed looking as shapy as ever, only that her face wasn't so bright. 
"Baby," I called softly and sat beside her on the bed. 
"Sweetheart," she replied. I touched her head and it was a bit hot. 
"Neche told me you were vomiting last night."
"Yes, I'm not feeling too well," she said weekly. 
"How is it doing you?"
"Slight headache, body pain, nauseous and my stomach too," she listed out. 
"Ah ah, only you?"
"Yes o," she said.
"When did it start?"
"I started noticing slightly while I was with Williams baby, but it was just a slight headache back then, now even my waist is paining me."
My jaw dropped, I looked at that waist and shook my head. It's massive size made me wonder why it won't pain but eventually, I thought, Willie has banged this girl into pregnancy. My father would just insist that he marry her. 

"Do you think you are?" I asked suggestively and she eyed me. 
"That I am what?"
"You know naa," I repeated, rubbing my stomach. 
"Pregnant?" she blurted out and I nodded. 
"Nooo," she said and shook her head vigorously, with some sort of confidence. 
"How would you know that you are not?"
"I don't know, I cannot be pregnant now, not now abeg."

An Idea struck my head and I picked up my phone, dialed Chinaza's number and put it on loud speaker. It rang 3 times before she picked. 
"Hello," she sang into the phone. 
"Baby how are you?" I asked and she replied fine. Her voice showed she was fine, she was sounding really sweet. 
"And the baby?" I added. 
"He is trying to strangle himself with my umbilical cord. He has been disturbing me since morning."
"Ehyaa, sorry sweetheart, I wish I could help you carry her," I replied, placing my emphasis on the HER. She wanted a boy and I wanted a girl. I loved girls. 
"It's a he dear and I wish you could help me carry him too, you only know how to get me pregnant," she replied stressing the he. I wasn't in the mood for an argument and it's my airtime that would burn. So I went straight to why I called her. 

"Chinaza, what signs were you getting before you went for a pregnancy test?"
"How?" she asked. 
"I mean, how was your body doing you before you realized you were pregnant?"
"Why are you asking? Are you pregnant or did you get another girl pregnant?"
"What do you mean? How can I be pregnant?"
"I don't know o. You had better be pregnant because if it's another girl that is pregnant for you, I will  strangle you and whoever the silly girl is."
"Jeez. Baby relax," Shape intervened. 
"Chinaza?" She called and shape answered. 
"It's me that wants to know about the pregnancy stuff," shape said and Chinaza went cool. 
"Okay, I thought that silly boy has done it again."
"No, he can't, not when I am here," shape replied and eyed me. It was none of my concern, my only concern was that my airtime was burning. 
"Okay, so it just started with a slight headache," she started and shape paid rapt attention. "Then, I vomited once I think and I was always feeling dizzy." I thought I saw shapes eyes bulge and I stifled a laughter. "And I think a part of my breast was paining me," Chinaza finished and I saw the blood drain from shapes eyes.  She was almost crying. 
"Naza stop, thank you," I managed to say and switched off my phone before that damn MTN girl will start warning me about my airtime. 

I shook my head pitifully at her as her eyes moistened. She kept repeating 'Willie has killed me'. Before it was Williams baby but now she pronounced his name in the old fashioned way my mother would call him, 'WILLIE'. 

I'm not very good at consoling girls especially beautiful ones like Shape, I was only good at romancing them and at that point in time, I didn't think it would be of any help. I had to leave her to mourn herself and left for my room. I met my room empty and my plate that once had a sizable portion of rice and stew with a good chunk of meat was lying very neat in my basket, shining and dripping with the water that must have been used to wash it. 

I had always told Chinecherem that someday, very soon, I am going to rape her to death but she thinks I am joking. 

Just one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments, We love them!