A place of General Gists, Stories and tips

Featured post

The Last Dance (A Flash Fiction)

Clara tapped on the play button in her IPhone 6 music interface and the soft melodious mambo came on, filling the entire air with Roma...

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 40

As short story

Click HERE for all episodes of Diary of a Broke Playboy 

Meanwhile house was agog with the news of my coming baby. I felt older all of a sudden. My sisters will hail me "papa junior" at the slightest chance, Willie automatically changed my name to C. Ronaldo while my mother never stopped asking when the baby would come, underage or overage, she couldn't wait to carry her child's child. Sometimes I wonder the type of family I was born into. Anyways, it made things easier for me.

Naza's parents weren't so easy or so hard to talk to. We were family friends and that made things milder. Her father and mine settled it over 2 bottles of Heineken and old time jokes about their girlfriends when they were my age.

As for me, I just wished Naza would remain pregnant for the rest of her life. Her belly wasn't showing the signs of it but her skin developed this kind of glow that made me want to take her to bed each time.

Our school had gone for Easter break so we were all at home. Naza spent more time in our house than she did in theirs. She did that because of Amara, lol. She didn't want us overplaying our brotherly love, if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile, I was getting too uncomfortable staying around my hood. I mean like all of a sudden, the whole place started booming with fresh chics. Nobody knew where or how they managed to find their way into our area.
The worst is while I am contemplating on hitting on one today, the next day, another will show up and I will just focus on her again. Confusion everywhere. And just when I thought that Chinaza was pregnant already, so we can fuck anyhow without fear of pregnancy or period. She decided she was always too tired or not in the mood and worst still she won't leave me so I can find go and find a remedy to my problem.

"So Naza, why are you always tired?" I was asking her the day the something was trying to destroy me, after series of turning and upturning on my bed which didn't solve my problem.
She just rubbed my head and smiled, a beautiful smile that annoyed me in this time of my need.
"Neche I want to drink tea," she replied, rubbing my back like she was begging. The both of us knew it was an order more like "Neche go and make me tea."

The tea showed up in no time, anything that will make her drop the honey pot for me.
"The tea is still hot," she said and dropped the cup on the table.
"So what were you saying?" she asked me.
"I was trying to say that I need you."
"Yes, am I not here?"
"No, that is not the type of need I am talking about."
"Which type kwa?"
She definitely knew what I meant, I was sure but Naza was just being herself. How do I even explain myself to her without looking stupid?
"I mean, that thing we did that made you pregnant, I want to do it again."
I believe that was better. She shaa laughed and nearly poured the cup of tea away. I wasn't finding it funny, not when it's one week gone and I haven't even kissed anyone talk more of doing the other one.

"So right now, that is all you want?" she asked and I nodded.
"Well, I am pregnant, wait till I deliver!"
That was it. I was plain angry.

"What does that mean?" I asked, raising my voice small small.
"Don't shout, Your mom will hear your voice now and will start asking what is wrong, what will you then tell her?"
"Let her hear, why are you mean like this... Bla bla bla bla... "
I was really frustrated and I didn't hide it. She just sat there, staring at me as I vented my frustration on her.
After much ranting, she just sighed and fanned her tea with her hand. Nobody told me to calm down.

" See Naza, you know you are my only girl and I love you."
"So?"
"Just this once, eh nne?"
"Neche no."
Her reply was cold and final.
"I think I will just go out there and find myself a new girl," I complained, expecting her to change her demeanor or get jealous. She just blew air into the cup of tea.
"Please do if that will make you leave me alone," she said.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes, but before you go, just make Pap for me, I don't want tea again."

Is that how pregnant people use to do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments, We love them!